|The Academy SKETs|
|Episode 1||Next →|
|Romaji||Gakuen no SKET-tachi|
|Air Date||April 7, 2011|
|Ending||Kakkowarui I love you!|
The Academy SKETs (学園のSKET達, Gakuen no SKET-tachi) is the 1st episode of the Sket Dance anime.
When a new student named Teppei transfer to Kaimei High school, Bossun and the gang try their best to recruit Teppei by showing him the ropes. Then, the Sket Dan gets a request to stop a masked man from vandalizing school property.
Will the Sket Dan solve this case?
A boy watches as a blonde girl with a field hockey stick, a boy with a strange hat and a boy carrying a laptop break down the doors to an equipment storage shed. As the girl fights against a large-set boy who wields an iron pole, the first boy muses on how though spring is meant to bring hope and new encounters, instead what awaited him was the first tempest of the year.
The foursome walk across campus and Teppei learns that the club in question is the "Academy Activity Support Club", called Sket Dan for short. The girl and the boy in the hat proceed to argue back and forth about how and why the rest of the school considers the club a joke, a conversation which the boy with the laptop claims is normal for them. Upon arriving at the Sket Dan Clubroom, the members of the club introduce themselves. The girl is Hime Onizuka, nicknamed Himeko, who claims to be as harmless as a hamster despite having had a "mischievous phase" in the past. This proves completely untrue, as she attacks the other two club members when they comment about her violent nature. The boy with the laptop is Kazuyoshi Usui, nicknamed Switch, who opts to speak using a voice synthesis software and is excellent at digging up information. Finally, the boy with the hat is Yūsuke Fujisaki, nicknamed Bossun, and is the club's founder and leader. Just as Teppei inwardly expresses relief that the trio didn't pressure him into joining their club, they surround him and try just that. He is ultimately saved by Switch receiving an e-mail with a tip about an incident the club has been investigating, and the trio run off to follow up on it.
The following day, Bossun grumbles in the clubroom about Teppei having joined the basketball club. Switch mentions having received a new e-mail request to help repair an equipment storage shed. In the gymnasium, Teppei's teammates question him about the odd wristband he's wearing, which sports the Sket Dan's logo. He states that it was given to him as a proof of friendship. Elsewhere, a dark-haired boy slides open a door and addresses the messy-haired boy seated within as "president." The president asks if the former has heard of the Sket Dan, while smiling evilly. Back at the equipment storage shed, Himeko and Bossun realize that the request was to help fix the shed they had destroyed. The elderly man crouched in front of the shed thanks them for coming to help.
Check out the episode's image gallery!
Cast & Credits
- Hiroyuki Yoshino: Yūsuke Fujisaki (Bossun)
- Ryōko Shiraishi: Hime Onizuka (Himeko)
- Tomokazu Sugita: Kazuyoshi Usui (Switch)
- Jōji Nakata: Tetsuji Chūma
- Tomokazu Seki: Sōjirō Agata
- Hiro Shimono: Sasuke Tsubaki
- Daisuke Sakaguchi: Teppei Sugihara
- Kentarō Itō: Mitsuru Jōgasaki
- Kazuyoshi Hosoya: Saburō
- Yūichi Iguchi: Masatoshi Kosaka
- Hiro Nakajima: Yumi
- Daisuke Matsuo: Yoshimura (janitor)
Manga and Anime Differences
- In the manga, when Teppei is first introduced to the class, he is startled by the evil grins he receives from the Sket Dan members, who all sit in the same row.
- The Sket Dan's attempted recruitment performance occurs in a full classroom in the manga, but in an empty hallway in the anime.
- In the manga, Tsubaki and Agata don't appear until chapter 10.
- In the manga, all three members of the Sket Dan make commentary about Masatoshi's dating habits, whereas in the anime only Switch does.